Okay, first off, let me rant about how RUDE some people can be in the grocery store. It’s unreal…ugh!
Anyway, my best girlfriend, Jessica, and I love making (and eating!) snacks. Tonight, we decided to make a batch of crispy cinnamon apple chips.
These apple chips are so easy to make (even without a dehydrator!), and they make your entire kitchen smell incredible!
For these, I thin sliced fresh Fuji apples (CAREFULLY using a knife because the mandolin slicer was absolutely nowhere to be found!).
Preheat your oven to 225°F, place as many sliced apples you desire onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with cinnamon (or pumpkin pie spice). Bake for about 1.5-2 hours (Be sure to check them towards the end for any burnt ones!). Remove from the oven, allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
I really like dipping these into a little bit of almond butter. It makes for a delicious paleo snack that is perfect for work or on the go!
Primal Cinnamon Apple Chips
- 5 medium sized apples (I used Fuji)
- Preheat oven to 225ºF.
- Using a mandolin slicer, cut apples in 1.8 inch slices. You could use a VERY sharp chef’s knife, but please be very careful.
- Arrange apple slices on parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon (or any season you like)
- Place baking sheets in oven for 1.5-2 hours, or until crisp.
*If apple chips seem soft, flip them and baking for additional time! Just keep checking them to make sure they don’t burn!